LiVES mixes realtime video performance and non-linear editing in one professional quality application. It will let you start editing and making video right away, without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or framerates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional VJ's and video editors - mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use dozens of realtime effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor, and bring them together using the multitrack timeline.
LiVES 2.8.6 Changelog:
- Remove dependency on (deprecated) GLee.
- Show audio as volume levels in Clip Editor.
- Performance improvements for multitrack playback.
- Ensure that timeline track backgrounds are painted in multitrack (regression).
- Properly expand text width in the message info window.
- Improve zoom in multitrack (zooms around cursor rather than screen center).
- Prevent annyoing focus stealing when mt is backed up in the background.
- Fix broken audio fade in/out (regression).
- Fix external window capture (regression).
- Fix crash in palette conversions.
- Fix compilation issues with liblives scripting engine.
- Fix for keys being in multitrack fullscreen preview.
- Code reformatting and tidying (W.I.P)
Add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the Firefox package:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/lives
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install lives lives-plugins
|$ sudo apt-get remove lives lives-plugins && sudo apt-get autoremove|
refer original : https://howto-ubuntunew.blogspot.com/