Arduino IDE 1.8.0 Changelog
- Linux: running in command line mode doesn't require an X11 display anymore
- "Save as" now clears the "modified" status
- builder: Paths with strange UTF8 chars are now correctly handled
- builder: .hpp and .hh file extensions are now considered valid sketch extension
- builder: core.a is not rebuild if not needed (improve build time in particular for big projects)
- Fixed swapped actions "Copy for Forum" and "Copy as HTML"
- Linux/osx: If an editor tab is a symbolic link it is no more replaced with a real file when saving
- Increased the upload timeout to 5 minutes (it was 2 min, but it may be not sufficient when uploading via UART a big sketch)
- Added Arduino.org boards
- Added Adafruit Circuit Playground board
- Added "-g" option to linker to keep debug information in the .elf file
- avrdude: Added fake configuration for EFUSE on atmega8 part.
1. Download the latest packages, Linux 32-bit or Linux 64-bit, from the official link below: www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
2. Open terminal from Unity Dash, App Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T keys. When it opens, run below commands one by one:
|$ cd ~/Downloads
$ tar -xvf arduino-1.8.0-*.tar.xz
$ sudo mv arduino-1.8.0 /opt
$ cd /opt/arduino-1.8.0/
$ chmod +x install.sh
Finally, launch Arduino IDE from Unity Dash, Application Launcher, or via Desktop shortcut.